Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I verify enrollment?

Visit for detailed information.


How do I obtain an official transcript?

Alumni who wish to obtain official NYU transcripts must contact the NYU Registrar’s Office directly. Call 212-998-4280 for more information.


How do I replace my diploma?

In the event your diploma is lost or damaged, the University will supply, upon proper deposition and the payment of a fee to cover the cost, a replacement diploma. Before issuing the replacement we require the return of the damaged diploma, or such portions of it as are available; or, in the case of loss or complete destruction, the submission of an affidavit, which must be notarized. A check or money order in the amount of $50.00 payable to New York University should accompany your order. Address correspondence to: Office of the University Registrar, Graduation Services, P.O. Box 910, New York, NY

What do I do if my name changed from what is on diploma or I have a change of name after graduation?


Can I get/keep my NYU e-mail address?

NYU will forward all messages received through a special "" address—free of charge—to your own active e-mail account. Your "" forwarding address cannot be used to subscribe to the listserv; it will be rejected.

To request an e-mail alias, you will need to do the following:
1. Register at NYUniverse.
2. Once registered, select "Lifetime E-mail Forwarding" from the drop-down list under Alumni Benefits.
3. Complete the online form. 


What kinds of Alumni Benefits are there?

Benefits are constantly updated. Visit the NYU Alumni Benefits Web page for a current list.